Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thinking of You

Hi it's time to get involved in more challenges!!!! So I am submitting one to Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and it's the Farm Fresh theme.  So here we go....I really enjoyed doing this card.  It is so me.



I choose to use BoBunny Apple Cider 6x6 paper pad collection and what can be more Farm Fresh then plaid, earth tones, and apple cider . I choose this paper first because it highlights my Stamped sunflower embossing. I then used my watercolor pencils to color and blend it; using yellow,orange,rusty door,and brown. I felt it was still missing something so I used glossy accents in the center and applied gold micro beads. I then fussy cut the sunflower and popped it with some pop ups.


This picture of my card shows the sunflower popped. I also inked using Tim Holtz walnut distressed ink around the edges of the plaid and laid it on a kraft card base.


I choose to really pop my die cut sentiment by colouring and shadowing it. I love my free form layout...again it reminds me of Farm Fresh Country. Lastly I slipped 2 silk leaves under the sunflower, I believe it brings the whole card together without pulling your eye too far from the sentiment.


 Thanks for the challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colouring and microbeads on this beautiful sunflower. You chose great paper for your card. The Apple Cider pad goes perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Sherri, you are a great inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful are your flowers, your colouring is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments, i really enjoyed doing this card.

      Delete